Thursday, May 12, 2011

Her Post- Jump with me and Michelle Obama

Today it’s a great day of my life. I officially finished all my exams. Well, I do have the Big final one in a month or so, but at least there’s a bit of room to breathe.

Don’t know about you, but in my free time I prefer to move rather than just sit in my butt. It gets my mood at another level and it clears my mind. Last summer , my mom sent me a little tool for staying in shape and adding more fun to my daily workout routine.




A year ago I discovered the Jumpe Rope and from that day I’m hooked. At first, jumping rope can be a mountain to climb, but one you get the hang of it, it becomes more and more pleasant.  Looking for a good photo for this post, I stumbled upon an imagine with Michelle Obama herself jumping up and down like a school girl. If the first lady and I share the same passions, then it’s another proof that we choose well our future home country .


Michelle

Besides your own endurance, there is one more thing about this cardio workout…Everyone is watching you. I mean from grannies to little kids and even bickers or middle age divorcee women, they all approached me. Hubs suggested that we should ask them to pay a ticket for staring at me. 



Meeee....
Wouldn’t be hilarious if a bunch of people with sodas, popcorn and chocolate were watching and cheering “ Go girl, go girl , jump the rope and give us a swirl”, while I jump the heart out of me, bathed in sweat??


As long as people don't throw this stuff into my face, I'm good!

Oh, and guys, trust me, a jumping rope is better than a dog when it comes to getting yourself a date. Now, you must excuse me cause I’m going to practice what I preach :).



 Smarty Pants Tip : According to the Compendium of Physical Studies, jumping rope for 10 minutes can burn as many calories as jogging at an eight-minute-per-mile pace. If you don't believe me, ask this guy over HERE.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment