Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Her Post- There’s room for everybody

Breathe.  Just stop for a second being so damn caught in the middle of your daily, small, superficial races. My mom always said that…Well, my mom didn’t really cared much about this stuff, but I’ll say it myself : There’s plenty of room for everybody.



My friend got a job. And he didn’t even tried hard or wished for it. My competitive self couldn’t stop wondering why God choose him instead of me, who I pray each day for an opportunity like that. I was angry, disappointed and ashamed of my thoughts. What human being could be so selfish to feel that for a friend?

Try beat your personal record. You'll find that it's a a deceiving battle.

I eventually figured it out. We are “trained” from childhood to compete. From getting a better seat for a concert, to having a bigger paycheck. That’s why we constantly feel the pressure to do better, be smarter, and if we don’t take action we are called “one of those people who settle for less”. But who can decide for another what is less?? My sister in law wanted to be a saleswoman and to have kids. Why is that “less” if she is Happy? At least  she’s not competing for goals that she doesn’t really care about just to Do Better.


See through your eyes and keep it simple. Life isn't a struggle.

What does the Bible says?


Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men”

Galatians 6:4 “ But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor”

Galatians 5:26 “Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. “


Set yourself free from the trap of envy. Be gratefull.
                                      

So today I’m more humble and more aware of all the room we have here, on earth. I’m really bad at math and I can’t count the possibilities that God created for each one of us. Tear apart your little box and start exploring His paths, without looking right or left. Do it NOW !





3 comments:

  1. hi,found your place so nice and peaceful ,you are blessed to describe your feeling simply and beautifully
    god bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a Husband and Wife team that simply put all of our thoughts on this blog.

    Thank you for the visit, please come again when you need peace or friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Good to be here
    As Baili said nice
    place to roam around
    peaceful area, lovely
    scenes.
    Thanks again for the
    Bible verses reminder
    My Fav. verses
    Keep inform
    Best regards
    Philip Ariel
    PS; Pl remove the word verification, its really a headache to your visitors
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete